/// CONQUER DIRT
- There's not much that can stop a Viking. Ours is no different. An all-new chassis, comfortable 3-person seating, and an engine with more power, more top speed and the reliability you expect from Yamaha. Combine it all with the best ergonomics and suspension in the business for the most capable side by side we've ever released. Always wanted to go where few have been? Go there, with the new Viking.
- The most power of any side by side we've ever released
- Rock-solid Yamaha reliability
- New combustion chamber shape, revised compression ratio, new cam profile and forged piston
Features & Benefits
- All-new chassis offers exceptional handling
- All-new aggressive styling
- 5 degree seating offset and individual footwells for more rider comfort and control.
/// Wide-range, long-life CVT
Not only does Yamaha's CVT provide excellent starting acceleration, the belts are legendary for their bulletproof reliability. Nice to know when you're on the back 40 or exploring remote areas.
/// New air intake system
Large capacity air intake system improves high RPM range output. Bottom line? More top end power and easier servicing.
/// ROPS: U.S. OSHA and ISO 3471-Compliant
Viking is ROPS certified ? from the factory ? for out of the box, ready to work all day functionality.
/// Front and rear discs
Large diameter, front and rear disc brakes with dual piston calipers ensure good balance and power during braking, with and without cargo loads. Comes equipped with mechanical parking disc brake.
/// Reliable, Yamaha power
Rock-solid 686cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with broad power from extremely low speeds to high RPM. Thanks in part to a new combustion chamber shape, revised compression ratio, new cam profile and forged piston, the Viking puts out the most power of any side by side we've ever released.
/// "On-command" mode selection
Driver-operated 'on-command' mode selection allows for differential shifting based on changing road and ground conditions. Simple, rotary type switch for smooth operation.
/// Comfortable, 3-person seating
The backrest of the centre seat is tilted 5 degrees farther than the driver and outside passenger backrests, creating an off-set seating position that allows all on board to comfortably fit without rubbing shoulders. Supportive urethane cushioning is molded to fit the rider's waist for better comfort and safety. The result is the experience of being embedded in the Viking, not 'sitting on' like some competitor models.
Factory-installed suntop for green, red and camo (EPS and non-EPS) models. Suntop is only available for blue model as an accessory.
/// Engine Braking
Yamaha's engine braking system reduces the need for frequent braking during challenging situations like tight turns and downhill inclines.
/// Large diameter headlights
Not every ride happens during the day. Large diameter headlights provide excellent illumination.
/// Maxxis Big Horn Tires
All-new Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires have a durable 6-ply rating. Radial construction provides for better shock absorption.
/// Secure footrests
A partition splits the centre passenger's feet from interfering with the drivers to aid in safe operation and a secure riding position.
/// Steel Skid Plate
Smooth steel plate offers underside protection of vital components. Up-turned side pieces help to prevent Viking from getting stuck.
/// Operational switch layout
Electric starter switch, shift lever and parking brake are all in close proximity to the right of the steering wheel for good usability.
2" receiver comes standard on all Vikings. Insert hitch and you're set to tow with 1,100lbs of payload.
/// Body Design
Apart from the impressive new styling, the body has been designed to prevent or minimize damage from trees, rocks and roots using strategic positioning of parts and durable materials. Good news when you're going to hard-to-reach areas.
/// Walk through floor
Flat floor increases on-board ease of movement while and makes for easy entry/exit from either side. Handy when work requires a lot of stops and starts.
/// Steel cargo bed and dump latch
Sturdy steel bed with 600lb load capacity is ready to work. Tilt the cargo bed with a simple unlock lever.
/// Head Protection
Larger 2" diameter roof support meets or exceeds all regulations. Helps protect the operator in case of accident or falling objects.
/// Tread Distance
Yamaha's front tread distance of 1310mm and rear span of 1290mm is the optimal distance to straddle conventional crop rows.
- 686cc, 4 cycle Single, Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4 valve
- Bore and Stroke
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel Delivery
- Yamaha Ultramatic CVT, Shaft
- Drive Train
- On Command 2WD, 4WD with Diff-Lock
- Suspension (Front)
- Independent Double Wishbone, 205mm (8.07") of wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear)
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 205mm (8.07") of wheel travel
- Brakes (Front)
- Brakes (Rear)
- Dual Hydraulic Disk / Shaft mounted Parking Brake
- Tires (Front)
- AT25 x 8-12, Steel Wheels
- Tires (Rear)
- AT25 x 10-12, Steel Wheels
/// Critical Data
- Turning radius
- Ground Clearance
- Fuel Capacity
- 36.7 litres (9.70 US Gal)
- Wet Weight
- 609 kg (1343 lb) / 617 kg (1360 lb) with suntop
- Bed Capacity
- Towing Capacity
- Private use - 1 year (unlimited mileage)
- Commercial use - 6 months (unlimited mileage)
- Dark Green
- Dark Blue
- RealtreeÂ® AP HDâ"¢ Camouflage
/// Yamaha Protection Plus (YPP)
No one else offers you the superior engineering, style and performance you enjoy with your Yamaha. And no one else stands behind its product the way Yamaha does - with the industry's best warranty coverage and best extended warranty plan: Yamaha Protection Plus.
Yamaha Protection Plus gives you the option to extend your factory warranty by 12, 24, 36, or 48 months, depending on your product and requirements. Combine that with Yamaha's unsurpassed reputation for reliability, and you've got the peace of mind you deserve.
While other plans can confuse you with deductibles, unexpected limits on mileage, parts coverage and claim paperwork hassles, our factory-backed Yamaha Protection Plus gives you bullet-proof protection from the unexpected. And it's as easy to understand and use as your Yamaha factory warranty.
PROTECTION FROM EXPENSIVE REPAIR BILLS
Yamaha Protection Plus will be there, whether your repair expense is a few dollars or a few thousand.
NO DEDUCTIBLE TO PAY - EVER
Under the Yamaha Protection Plus program, Yamaha picks up the entire cost of parts and labour to repair every applicable mechanical defect.
YAMAHA PROTECTION PLUS TAKES OVER WHERE YOUR FACTORY WARRANTY LEAVES OFF
Yamaha's computerized warranty system is updated as soon as you buy coverage, so Yamaha Protection Plus takes over automatically -- and immediately -- when your factory warranty expires. You can even get Yamaha Protection Plus coverage on many pre-owned Yamaha models.
ADDED VALUE FOR YOUR YAMAHA
Your Yamaha Protection Plus warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade it in.
NO CLAIM FORMS
Since we already know your Yamaha, you don't have to fill out claim forms. Your Yamaha Protection Plus coverage information is available to every authorized Yamaha dealer nationwide.
You can purchase years of our Yamaha Protection Plus coverage for a fraction of what a single major repair could cost you. We offer you the option to use the Yamaha Power Finance or loan Credit Card Program to purchase coverage. Just talk to your Yamaha dealer to discuss your options.
REAL PEACE OF MIND
With Yamaha Protection Plus, Yamaha is ready to step in to make any needed repairs (excluding those repairs due to normal wear or aging) using genuine parts and factory authorized service for the full duration of your coverage.
/// YPP For Side by Side
Yamaha Protection Plus coverage for side by side vehicles extends the factory warranty that is provided when you purchase a new Yamaha side by side vehicle. You can extend this warranty by 12, 24, 36 or 48 months, depending on your needs.
YAMAHA PROTECTION PLUS DOES NOT COVER FAILURES RESULTING FROM:
THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE NOT COVERED:
- Commercial or Rental Usage
- Racing or competition
- Modification of original parts
- Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories
- Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual
- Collision, impact or theft damage
- Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance
- Abuse or neglect
- Improper storage
- Flat towing
- Cosmetic damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, etc.
- Clutch plates and facings
- Drive belts
- Sealed beams, light bulbs, fuses, electric brushes
- High tension cables, spark plugs
- Oil, lubes, filters
- Brake pads
- Box liners
- Winch components